[LINK] The Liberal's broadband proposal.

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Wed Aug 11 09:35:52 AEST 2010

from
http://www.liberal.org.au/Latest-News/2010/08/10/Real-Action-on-Broadband.aspx
> Instead of creating a new inefficient Government run monopoly, the
> Coalition’s plan will stimulate a vibrant, private sector-based
> broadband market, with Government involved to encourage competition
> and ensure services reach all Australians.

Can anyone explain to me what this competition is supposed to be?

Are they suggesting that people will have a choice of at least two
broadband suppliers?

If this is the case, then doesn't that mean that there will be at least
two sets of broadband infrastructure? Isn't that rather a waste?

Or maybe the word competition has been included because it is a good
word to have on your side?

--

Regards
brd