[LINK] NBN white-elephant-to-be: better spend the $$$ on other things

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Thu Aug 19 15:48:10 AEST 2010

On 19/08/2010, at 3:34 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> According to the ABS, "Housing Mobility and Conditions" study, 43% of
> people had moved in the five years prior to 2008.

...or is that that 1% of the population moved a zillion times in that period? I'm always wary of how these kind of stats are rolled out and extrapolated. But I am prepared to believe the figures, if they are indeed what they claim to represent.

If it were truly 43% of all people, many more of my friends should have new addresses. Either that, or there's something awfully sedentary about people that I make friends with, or just simply that people who move a lot don't make many friends. Hmmmm.

iT