[LINK] Of hung parliaments and pathology [WAS: ALP Net censorship policy hidden, but alive and far-reaching]

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Aug 20 11:25:04 AEST 2010

On 18/08/2010 4:43 PM, rene wrote:
> It might well be high time that both major parties got a wake up call by
> means of two hung houses of Parliament!
Pondering the phrase: a hung Parliament. I get an image of that
marvellous entrance to Parliament House. High above, corpses hang,
gently swinging and rotating in breezes from the air-conditioning.

That would more correctly be a hanged Parliament. Which perhaps it
should be.

An acquaintance characterised our choice as one between psychopaths and
sociopaths. I don't know how fair that is, but it's admirably succinct.

This election, more than any before, I feel in danger of overdosing on
cynicism.

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill