[LINK] GetUP: Fwd: Where do the independents stand?

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Aug 24 15:57:30 AEST 2010

Jan Whitaker wrote:
> I thought this outcome was interesting. Just goes to show that every
> vote does count. It may be less valid in the US where the actual
> number of votes cast is variable, but here, it does matter.
> Jan

Worth noting the INFORMAL in Mcewan at 3,897 (of 88,461)
was  twice gettup's additional voters
<http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-226.htm>

Brsibane INFORMAL  2,440 (of 65,437)
<http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-156.htm>

Grayndler Informal 5,410 (of 74,637)
<http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-121.htm>

Sydney Informal 3,312 (of 61,943)
<http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-149.htm>

Adam Bandt Greens Melbourne Informal 2,428 (of 72,754)
<http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-228.htm>

Julia Guillard's seat of Lalor Informal 5,818 (of 93,950)
<http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-222.htm>

Tony Abbot's seat of Warringah Informal 3,475 (of  74,587)
<http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-15508-151.htm>