[LINK] Government gives thumbs down to PDF format

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:04:17 AEDT 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Tom Worthington
<tom.worthington at tomw.net.au> wrote:
> (or was not there in the first place, because it was done by a
> graphic designer, rather someone competent in the creation of electronic
> documents).

Which goes back to my original statement: graphics designers looks at
documents as if it was ART: style, placement, beauty, often
sacrificing document compatibility for the sake of "beauty" aka
pixel-perfect positioning, etc. and using bitmaps when in reality
bitmaps are not needed.

Document consumers (readers) want to read information, not be
impressed by the graphics designer set of fonts or cool shades.

FC