[LINK] NBN Co Corporate Plan released

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Dec 24 09:02:31 AEDT 2010

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> On 22/12/10 10:02 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:
>>... On aspect of the plan which has not receive attention is the use of
>> automation to service the large number of retail users. ...
>>
> Tom,
>
> It seems to me that NBN Co has been aware of the OSS (operational
> support systems) challenge for some time. ... There has been a large number of meetings with the industry about this. ...

Yes, NBN Co. are aware of the problem of supporting the network, but it
is still a major challenge. They may find that running the fibre was the
easy part.

The use of the UK based Network Interoperability Consultative Committee
B2B (NICC B2B) work may held. NICC is woring on standards for B2B
Transactions, a Profile for ebXML Messaging and Location & Address
Identification:
<http://blog.tomw.net.au/2010/12/nbn-b2b-specification.html>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au