[LINK] more from the We-Own-Everything-Forever dept.

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Fri Feb 19 18:28:51 AEDT 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 09:47:44AM +1100, Kim Holburn wrote:
> Craig Sanders wrote:
> > if they succeed, the world will be a very unpleasant place for
> > ordinary people. even more than it already is for the bulk of the
> > planet's 6- ish billion population....and there will be no way out
> > of the trap because any action, any idea will already be owned.
>
> Monsanto patents the pig:
> http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/monsanto-pig-patent-111
> http://www.youtube.com/watch#videos=dJircbKDGM8&v=egiizDvExrY

here's some more evidence that corporates want to own EVERYTHING, even
people's names.

http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=10/02/18/2253224

the International Olympic Committee has claimed ownership of the name of
Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn.

this is just one more example amongst thousands. there's a recurring and
obvious pattern: the "IP" scumbags know no limits, they will push the
boundaries repeatedly until they own everything. this is why i am so
unwilling to concede them even an inch, because they're already taking
miles.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>