[LINK] Use Open Source - You're a Pirate

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Thu Feb 25 15:26:28 AEDT 2010

Of course the problem with this is that organisations like IBM now make
99.9% of their money from providing services that support open platform
software installations.

Does that mean that Big Blue is a Pirate?

And it's curious, but I remember a Guardian article not too long ago
[link below] that said the UK Government was going to use cloud
computing installed star office type open source to cut back on it's 315
million pounds per annum Microsoft licensing fees.

Hmmm, watch the left hand, not the right hand, watch the left hand......

I wonder how the UK Gov will reconcile it's position on this.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/jan/27/cloud-computing-governm
ent-uk

Tom