[LINK] Are GUI design standards no longer relevant?

David Lochrin dlochrin at d2.net.au
Tue Jan 19 16:13:47 AEDT 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010 15:44, Pilcher, Fred wrote:
> For all its many faults a common orthography has to be one of,
> if not the, prime advantages of English as a lingua franca.
>
> (This is one of the reasons that I stamp my little feet about
> America's and the advertising industry's mangling of it.)

Hear! Hear!

The language is being (ughhh....) "decimated" by the press too, perhaps even mainly by the press.  But the advertising and PR businesses are doing their level best to destroy critical thinking, for example by promoting greenwash expressions such as "climate change", which leaves open the possibility that it might not be man made, over the more accurate "greenhouse effect".

David