[LINK] iPad - where's the pad? / DRM dead end?

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Fri Jan 29 12:27:18 AEDT 2010

On 29/01/2010, at 12:16 PM, Graham Greenleaf wrote:

> I think the 'touch' bit in the 'iTouch' line works brilliantly, but I
> still don't want to try to take notes with a thumbnail dipped in tar,
> nor to use a non-tactile keyboard in meetings (ie touch typing
> without the touch) when I would rather be concentrating on who is
> talking.

Might be the time to trim the thumbnails, Graham...

There is a physical keyboard available (and bluetooth keyboards work, apparently).

I'll be taking an interest in these, as my clients are most likely going to prefer to use such keyboards, but primarily because it offers more screen real estate.

My take on this is that the device is less of an input device and slightly more of an output device, so it makes sense to balance it this way.

I'm fascinated with the emotional level of engagement: the words 'dangerous', 'deadly' etc crop up a good deal in commentary over everything from what's in the iPad to what isn't, yet the device is just a box with wires.

iT