[LINK] Climate tipping point

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Wed Jul 28 22:17:56 AEST 2010

On 2010/Jul/28, at 9:24 PM, Frank O'Connor wrote:

> Seems to me that predicting the breaking of an equilibrium point/
> tipping point in a complex system like the climate is a lot more
> complex than the author admits. I mean there are so many reverse
> feedback and other interacting points created by complex
> relationships that it's impossible to be definitive about
> anything ... but the author (rather simplistically) attempts to do
> just that.
>
> The campaign for action on climate/pollution/carbon sinks or
> whatever is not well served by such simplistic (one might say 'child
> like') analysis ... it simply plays into the hands of industry/
> skeptics and other self interested groups.

Everything plays into the hands of deniers and nothing will change
their minds, and will only be used to argue against global warming or
as they like to say anthropogenic global warming or AGW.   Doesn't
mean we can't talk about it.

The web page version has some footnotes with references:
http://wakeupfreakout.org/wakeup.html