[LINK] Steve Jobs: Great unwashed don't need PCs

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Fri Jun 4 10:21:45 AEST 2010

On 04/06/2010, at 10:11 AM, Kim Holburn wrote:

> I assume that developers can run stuff (ie their own apps) on their
> own ipads so there must be ways of getting software onto them

Yes, they can: some companies are already doing this. Not just developers (though they usually have a developer licence).

As for the comments about location data: it's a two-edged sword - if you want the device to give you location-aware material, you have to broadcast where you are.

Most GPS apps store maps internally on the device. Google Maps (on the iPhone/iPad) does not.

iT