[LINK] Library naming (was Apple iPads for Victorian School Students)

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jun 16 16:13:55 AEST 2010

At 09:25 AM 16/06/2010, Ivan Trundle wrote:
> > well. These are very flexible and very focused on learning.
>
>A true reflection of their *lack* of focus, in my opinion...

It's a shift of focus (with the student needs in the centre instead
of the teacher or the school) rather than a lack of focus.
Flexibility can apply to different components of the educational
experience: methods, content, objectives, assessment, etc. Libraries
or learning centres are the perfect places to make those changes.

The difficulty is when the particular flexibility isn't explicit. The
assumptions get screwed up depending on who is doing the
interpreting. The other problem is when vocational education is to
support specific learning objectives because of a common curriculum
or certification requirement, the flexibility may not get to those
outcomes. Also, it can also sometimes lead to inefficiencies. It's
complex system.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com