[LINK] Your Medicare records online

Dr Bob Jansen bob.jansen at turtlelane.com.au
Wed Mar 3 22:04:50 AEDT 2010

We keep reading the scenario of an emergency admittance to a care
institution and the requirement for our medical records. I wonder
though that proportion of the actual record the clinician or care
giver would need. Do they really need all my blood pressure readings
over the past 20 years, notes of all visits to my GP, etc, or just a
summary indicating what medications I am on, basic vital signs and
what else?

Maybe this represents a compromise over where the stuff gets stored. A
small proportion of the really necessary stuff on central, government
run, servers and the rest with me so I can protect my security. That
way I control who gets access to the detail whilst still having the
necessary stuff available when needed.

bobj

On 03/03/2010, at 7:17 PM, Ivan Trundle wrote:

> On 03/03/2010, at 6:41 PM, Darryl (Dassa) Lynch wrote:
>
>> Isn't it just lazy to expect the service providers to look after
>> our records
>> for us, shouldn't we be keeping our own records?
>
> Agreed, except for when someone is transported to a medical facility
> without due preparation. Or even with.
>
> It's still essential for informed communication based on a whole
> host of data in very mixed forms to take place between a range of
> medical professionals - before, during and after a medical event -
> between people whom will most likely not sit under the same roof and
> not be able share a single record easily.
>
> If people think that a little satchel of information is all that is
> needed, tell 'em that they're dreamin'...
>
> (I'm beginning to wonder how many Linkers are being entirely
> hypothetical here, or if they are all far too healthy to venture
> near a medical facility of any kind)
>
> iT
>
> --
> Ivan Trundle
> http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
> ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742 skype: callto://ivanovitchk

-----------------------------------
Dr Bob Jansen
Turtle Lane Studios Pty Ltd
PO Box 26, Erskineville NSW 2043, Australia
Ph: +61-414 297 448
Skype: bobjtls
http://www.turtlelane.com.au

In line with the Australian anti-spam legislation, if you wish to
receive no further email from me, please send me an email with the
subject "No Spam"