[LINK] Fwd: MR30/2010: Re-register now to avoid telemarketing calls [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Mar 11 16:08:15 AEDT 2010

On 2010/Mar/11, at 3:50 PM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
> On 11/03/2010, at 3:40 PM, Stilgherrian wrote:
>
>> On 11/03/2010, at 3:36 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:
>>> I don't understand why people should have to reregister.  What's
>>> wrong
>>> with a permanent registration?
>>
>> Because people move home occasionally, or change numbers.

Ummm, so you could change your registration then.  A lot less work for
them really.  Who's benefit is this all for anyway?  The only reason
to force three year registrations is to let telemarketers have another
crack at the numbers of those who forget to reregister.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant