[LINK] iPad experimentation begins: e-media

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Mar 16 08:39:59 AEDT 2010

Stilgherrian wrote:
> On 05/03/2010, at 8:44 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:
>> I expect that someone, perhaps Apple, will propose a multimedia
>> e-book format, using HTML 5 in place of XHTML, with all the media
>> flies zipped ...

> ... Apple's "iTunes LP" format ... might be ...

Might be, but I can't find any document specifying what version of HTML
is supports. But being Apple, perhaps that is defined as "whatever
Safari supports".

ps: When referring to "Zipped" I meant the Zip file format:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_(file_format)>. That both compresses
individual files and packages them up in one archive file. The
compression works fine for HTML and CSS. I assume it is smart enough not
to try and compress already compresses audio, image and video formats.

--
Tom Worthington FACS HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

 From - Mon