[LINK] NBN expectations

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed Nov 3 13:53:06 AEDT 2010

Bernard,

In part, that probably depends on what the customer buys. If you take
the 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps plan, some expectations management is probably in
order. But I would expect the NBN to have a similar plan distribution to
the rest of the world, with most people taking well below the maximum
offering. Someone getting 20 Mbps or 50 Mbps, compared to 1 Mbps or 8
Mbps now, probably will notice the difference!

But I agree that our focus solely on the gigabit capabilities is
probably skewing expectations.

Cheers,
RC