[LINK] NBN expectations

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Nov 4 13:15:02 AEDT 2010

On 04/11/2010, at 1:03 PM, grove at zeta.org.au wrote:
> I have this crazy wild vision of the NBN doing something mad:
>
> I would like to see it so that if you are a govt worker, academic, teacher, whatever,
> but in the employ of the education/academic sector, govt service provider and so on
> that you would be entitled to unmetered premium broadband.
>
> This could mean that you would still use your ISP to initiate the connection to the Internet,
> but after that, at some point, you would have some sort of Federated (AAF style) login that you
> used to access your broadband acct and thus be identified as being eligible.

A not-entirely-unrelated idea was put floated on the "Twisted Wire" podcast recently: provide free access via the NBN to government services, including health and education.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/free-broadband-will-help-the-nbn-s-case-339306899.htm

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia