[LINK] medicare Online Services Conditions of Access and Use

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Nov 11 13:20:06 AEDT 2010

At 12:40 PM 11/11/2010, Kim Holburn wrote:
>You only get one choice, to opt in or out.  No negotiation.  You
>seem to have to agree to not only all these conditions but any that
>they change or add later whenever.  I don't understand the point or
>legality of number 10.

This is called bundled consent. It's abhorrent. What you might do is:
print it off
Scratch off the ones you do not consent to.
See what they say.

Unfortunately, online consent forms are often handcuffing to all or
nothing. I had this problem with Telstra and therefore refuse to buy
some things from them that require such craziness. They wanted home
level subscribers to their cable internet service to agree to abide
by COMMERCIAL laws! It was nonsensical.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com