[LINK] medicare Online Services Conditions of Access and Use

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Nov 11 13:35:01 AEDT 2010

On 2010/Nov/11, at 12:47 PM, Stilgherrian wrote:

> On 11/11/2010, at 12:40 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:
>>> 10. That I am responsible for any damage to my computer, systems or software caused by any virus, irrespective of the origin of the virus.
>>
>> You only get one choice, to opt in or out.  No negotiation.  You seem to have to agree to not only all these conditions but any that they change or add later whenever.  I don't understand the point or legality of number 10.
>
> The point is that even if Medicare's website is where your computer got infected, it's not their fault.

Yeah but what if it got infected somewhere else and the malware did something to your computer that say logged into the medicare system or your system was used to hack into a bank.  You have agreed to this contract saying you are responsible for it.  Nasty.

Also what if you log in from someone else's computer?  Are you then responsible for their system as well?