[LINK] Europe to get new broadband satellite(s)

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Nov 28 09:06:27 AEDT 2010

At 09:00 AM 28/11/2010, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>The transponders have only oh-so-many bandwidth. Once you max out the
>available transponders, you´re out of luck, you have to lift another
>satellite. Not to mention maintenance costs of keeping the satellite
>in orbit and in position (systems monitoring, orbit adjustments, etc).

I wonder if there is a truth in advertising
aspect to this alternative provision in the NBN
Co.'s communication to the public. Surely the
ACCC will be looking at this as should ACMA.
Perhaps this is part of the hidden information in
the business plan. Mustn't scare the rural horses, so to speak.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com

Our truest response to the irrationality of the
world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth.
~Madeline L'Engle, writer