[LINK] Battery back-up mandatory for NBN?

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Thu Oct 28 10:21:45 AEDT 2010

At 9:57 +1100 28/10/10, Birch, Jim wrote:
>Now that's just plain wrong.  I don't think Steve Jobs - or for that
>matter, even the most iconoclastic among us - would like to see an Apple
>product that associates in any way with aging or geriatric medicine. :)

At dire risk of both not seeing the joke and 'protesteth too much' ...

Us old bastards have money, and (some) still have loyalty and are
hence low-effort sales.

So surely Apple can differentiate product-lines in order to keep each
of the various market-segments happy.  Under the bonnet the devices
can be identical, but the packaging (both dies and colouring) needs
to look different, as do the default font and font-size in the
displays.

(As for the big red button for grannies, am I alone in hating
car-keys that have undifferentiated Lock and Unlock buttons, with
black print on a black background??).

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916