[LINK] O/t responsible consumers

Gordon Keith gordonkeith at acslink.net.au
Mon Sep 6 09:30:01 AEST 2010

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 10:23:54 pm Scott Howard wrote:
> That said, there are certainly parts of the US that have an
>  over-fascination with trucks and/or large SUVs.

I remember hearing somewhere, don't remember the source or how reliable it is,
that in the US a light truck is considered a commercial vehicle and as such
attracts tax concessions that are not available for passenger vehichles
(cars).

So a company that supplies employees with light trucks is engaging in a tax
deductible business expense, while a company that supplies employees with
passenger vehicles has the same expense without the tax deduction.

If anyone knows if this is correct, please indicate.

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith

Religion and natural science are fighting a joint battle
in an incessant, never relaxing crusade against
scepticism, against dogmatism, against disbelief and
against supersitition. The rallying cry in this crusade
has always been, and will always be "On to God!"
     - Max Planck - quantum physicist