[LINK] leaked treaty, no policing role for ISPs in copyright breaches

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Sep 10 13:23:37 AEST 2010

On 10/09/2010 12:15 PM, Steven Clark wrote:
> The problem, perhaps, is more that certain corporate entities want
> *others* to carry the burden of enforcing the corporate entities legal
> interests: they've been pretty successful with other responsibilities,
> so why wouldn't they pursue that course with intangible property?

Perhaps one answer lies in ensuring that the beneficiaries pay the
costs. Any law passed to (for example) force ISPs to take any action on
behalf of copyright owners should incorporate mechanisms ensuring that
those owners pay all associated costs, occasional and ongoing.

--
David Boxall                    |  I have seen the past
http://david.boxall.id.au       |               --TJ Hooker