[LINK] Abbott orders Turnbull to demolish NBN

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Sep 15 09:21:13 AEST 2010

Michael Skeggs mike at bystander.net wrote:
> On 14 September 2010 22:15, Roger Clarke <Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au> wrote:
>> Added to that, the requirement for Shadow Cabinet solidarity will
>> muzzle Turnbull on all the important topics-areas (climate change,
>> water, health, ed, above all the economy).
>>

> Malcolm is undoubtedly the coalition member with the best grip on the
> issues in the portfolio. I don't see any problem with an informed
> opposition providing scrutiny on a multi-billion dollar project.
<snip>

Yes we could be in for some very good government.

Though there seems to be an obvious flaw in this argument.
> Holding Labor to Account on Broadband
> Published on: September 14, 2010
> The tragedy of the Rudd/Gillard Government’s incompetent handling of broadband over the past three years is that, if Labor had instead proceeded with the Coalition’s 2007 plan for subsidised rural and regional broadband, these areas would have quality services today.
<http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/media/holding-labor-to-account-on-broadband/>

The infrastructure argument is not a done deal - we need
to balance roads, aged care, hospital, fast train, public
transport or schoos,l it gets tricky. Though I suspect
we could cut back on Roads.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz