[LINK] NBN retail cost and 12 year technology bell curve

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Sat Apr 9 11:31:30 AEST 2011

On 10/03/2011, at 3:39 PM, Tom Koltai wrote:

> Without entering the obviously lopsided "X and Y" Generation going to
> untethered and DSL numbers dropping, both of which have been reported on
> by ACMA [see refs below], why has the Government not hired a competent
> economist that could show them that all technologies aimed at the public
> are a twelve year adoption curve to 75% of the population.
>
> In other words, it will always be a generational effect.
>
> E.G. Plasma and LCD screens.
> When did you get yours ?
> When were they first sold enmasse to consumers ?

Hmmm.. I never got a Plasma or LCD screen. I got a $150 tuner for my computer and stopped watching the TV set and for that matter stopped watching live TV. But then I'm 70 and a war baby generation and not one of the X or Y types.

Tony

Phone: 02 6241 7659, Mobile: 04 3365 2400, Skype: antonybbarry
Email: tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at me.com, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/antonybbarry
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au