[LINK] NBN retail cost and 12 year technology bell curve

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sun Apr 10 20:41:39 AEST 2011

On 9/04/2011 2:31 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> ..
> Like Tony B, I don't have a flat screen. My decision is purely
> pragmatic: the flat screen is a power glutton.
Interesting assertion. Do you have stat's in support?

Doing my best to compare like with like:-
NEC model N-3453 CRT CTV
Screen size: 34cm
Rated power consumption: 67W
If I wanted to keep using it after the demise of analogue I'd need a set
top box, which would draw still more power.

Vivid AJ-15LE1 LCD (Aldi cheapo)
Screen size: 39cm
Rated power consumption: 36W

The cheap Vivid displays a far better picture than the (expensive in its
day) NEC with set top box.

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill