[LINK] Business fetishism (was Re: LINK] Four Corners NBN)

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Apr 13 10:22:27 AEST 2011

At 09:42 AM 13/04/2011, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

>I realise that I'm ignoring counter-examples, but I would expect that
>any competent study would find successful, pervasive user-led
>innovations outnumber business-led innovations on the Internet.

Excellent point, Richard.

Businesses don't have ideas, people have ideas. The engine room of
economies is small business (just ask any politician who wants to get
elected). These ideas are what develop into those larger businesses.
Communications infrastructure and the tools that connect to them are
terrific enablers for an information based world, which we are. So
having ubiquitous access to those enablers is what will help those
new ideas to become reality. Look what's happening in indie publishing.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/