[LINK] ACMA Website Survey, Privacy & Google

Stephen Edgar stephen at netweb.com.au
Wed Apr 13 11:54:20 AEST 2011

Hey LINK,

I just visited http://acma.gov.au to report a company for unsolicited spamming and noticed a link to 'Complete our website redesign survey' and thought I'd check that out but was a little discouraged to say the least that when clicked I am shown the following:-

<quote>
DISCLAIMER; You are leaving the ACMA website.
ACMA is not responsible for the quality, validity or accuracy of any information or for any content found on sites which are accessible from its website.
The site you are going to may not share the Privacy and Copyright policies of the ACMA websites.
</quote>

And the site we are taken to is... drumroll... Google spread sheets!
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGx3SWVlbzRDLUJjdlBfQk9QeUdaLXc6MA

The following text appears at the top of this Google spreadsheet:-

<quote>
Help us redesign the acma website to best reflect your needs. Please complete this survey. This information is collected anonymously and will only be used to get an understanding of acma.gov.au usage. Our privacy policy is here: http://bit.ly/acmaprivacy
</quote>

Needless to say I did not complete the survey

Regards,

Stephen Edgar
IT Consultant
http://www.netweb.com.au