[LINK] Surprise from Internode - upgrade speed

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Tue Apr 19 12:10:26 AEST 2011

Linkers,
I received a nice Easter present yesterday from Internode: an upgrade
from 1.5 to 8M on my ADSL1 line, no extra charge. I am one of those
holdovers as I've said before where the DSLAM for ADSL2+ wasn't
possible for me. So this is a nice bonus in lieu. (Thanks, Simon!!)
I've tested it out with the file download from the Internode cache
and I'm getting between 5 and 6, which is probably realistic given my
distance from the switch.

The funny thing is I downloaded a software upgrade and watched the
higher speed BEFORE I got the notice of the upgrade. I thought, what
is going on?! Did someone flip a switch? I guess they had!

Benefits: MUCH smoother video. I've noticed that downloads from the
US still aren't great, though, but they are steady. That was for a
couple podcasts I tried out. But local stuff is great.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/