[LINK] Surprise from Internode - upgrade speed

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Mon Apr 25 22:43:16 AEST 2011

I was just looking over internode's new plans and they have moved to a combined upload and download cap.  Strange.  The caps appear to be five times as large as an equivalent current plan but currently they only count downloads.  When you factor in uploads as well as downloads their new caps are only around double the current size (depending on your usage of course).  Confusing, but what's really happening and why?  Why the move to count uploads now? After all, uploads are already limited by the asymmetry anyway.