[LINK] OT Chinese Ghost cities and us

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sun Aug 21 10:50:45 AEST 2011

I've been reading about and watching on TV these Chinese ghost cities
http://www.reddit.com/search?q=china+ghost+town
but hadn't fully connected the dots until this week when someone was talking about the possibility of a second and more serious USFC when the US wouldn't have the spare cash to provide social security to its large companies.

China (and we) have weathered the first USFC or GFC if you like by China creating its own internal markets.  One of the ways they've done that has been by building these enormous ghost cities.  If the US and the EU really go into recession then that may not continue to work for them both because the cities are not being used and because they probably don't have enough funds to continue to build them.  If other countries are not buying their exports well, they won't need the resources and that's where it will start to affect us.

Disclaimer: IANAE...

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant

Sent from my steam driven difference engine