[LINK] Telstra scam notice

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 13 11:39:05 AEDT 2011

I've gotten the same message on a number of occasions. An amateur attempt at stealing identity details and credit card funds.

I helpfully forwarded same to Telstra on each occasion, and they forwarded a corporate PR generated e-mail to me that was meant to calm me ... think corporate morphine ... and disguise the fact that they weren't gonna do anything about it (despite the fact that the return address wasn't munged and that it would have been easy to track the stupid sod down and shut this puppy down).

Better to have the less unwary of Telstra's clientele provide their details and get defrauded I suppose.                    :(

Someday Telstra may get a clue ... But I'm guessing not in this century.

                           Regards,

Sent from my iPad
---