[LINK] Google Wallet, Hate and Gloating in Forbes

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sun Dec 18 20:38:36 AEDT 2011

One of the most inexplicable (to me, anyhow) and repellent (ditto)
characteristics of well-off, well-educated, well-paid people is this
vicious, festering, burning, self-righteous resentment they harbour
against people below them on the ladder.

"Paying these minimum-wage salaries is sapping my wealth! This must end!
You, asshole*, you're just being poor at me on *purpose*!"

(*it is, after all, a characteristically American trait; albeit one
that's exported via toxic religious-political philosophies).

I'm really sick of people thinking I should raise my hands in praise of
someone devoting great intelligence, opportunity and education to the
elimination of all possible employment for those without the same gifts;
parading this as virtue; and demanding my applause.  And, of course,
having unemployed all these people, the same kind of person will also
complain like a two-year-old denied ice cream, over any expenditure of
any type whatever to actually feed them.

RC