[LINK] Fwd: Re: Esther Dyson on TLD Proliferation

Darrell Burkey darrell.burkey at anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 19 13:42:09 AEDT 2011

On 19/12/11, David Goldstein  <wavey_one at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You haven't one example Darrell of why the changes I advocated are a problem.

You advocate for a system such as the US has where there is no integrity in domain names. Australian users have indicated a strong preference for a system with integrity. It's not a matter of demonstrating problems and this is where you come unstuck. As you state, there are no problems with what you propose. It's simply not what Australian users want.

It's a matter of listening to other people and what they want, which is also where you seem to come unstuck.  Best of luck with your campaign. Good chatting with you once again even though it was the same old tired conversation.

Darrell Burkey
UNIX Systems Administrator
College of Asia & the Pacific
Australian National University