[LINK] iiNet buy Node

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Dec 22 18:14:01 AEDT 2011

http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/business-it/another-small-isp-bites-the-dust-20111222-1p6yx.html

Continuing on an acquisition spree, iiNet announced today it will be
acquiring South Australia's Internode for $105 million and with it
260,000 active customers and 35 existing exchanges nationally.

The price tag will be made up of cash and shares with 12 million
iiNet shares going to Internode's managing director Simon Hackett.
Hackett will stay on as head of the separate business unit and
Internode will retain its brand.

The move helps the combined entity consolidate efforts to better
compete for NBN services, the companies' chiefs said in a surprise
press conference this afternoon.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Hackett and iiNet CEO Michael Malone said neither company was of the
ideal size to enter the NBN era, but together it made sense.
[more at the link]

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/