[LINK] iiNet buy Node

rene rene.ln at libertus.net
Sat Dec 24 21:22:06 AEDT 2011

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 10:17:17 +1100, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> At 09:23 AM 24/12/2011, Carl Makin wrote:
>> I only recently jumped from Netspace to Internode as they were
>> swallowed by iiNet and all the suitable plans vanished.
>>

> That doesn't bode well. But Node is at least keeping its brand so
> maybe we'll get the good bits and not the price increases ...

Interesting post by Simon Hackett on Whirlpool:

http://whrl.pl/Rc2dyb

in which he says, among much else:
	"I'm moving from being the major shareholder in Internode, to being a 7.5%
shareholder in the iiNet company group. That will make me one of the top 10
shareholders in iiNet Limited.
	That is a decision that I made, to retain a major stake in the game after
this transaction. I did that because I'm not done yet in this industry by a
long, long way.
	Granting a major share stake in this manner is something IIN have never
done before in any previous acquisition. ..."

Hence it may be inadvisable for anyone to jump to conclusions that iNode is
really being "taken over" or swallowed. Of course, only time will tell.

Irene