[LINK] Congestion (was Re: NBN to cost 24 times South Korea's faster network, says research body)

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Feb 11 15:27:08 AEDT 2011

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:06 AM, Marghanita da Cruz
> <marghanita at ramin.com.au> wrote:
>> Marybe, but the NBN is being rolled out in areas of relatively low
>> density and it is being proposed to multicast HDTV
>
> Do you mean multicast as in IPTV?  is there really so much TV stuff to
> broadcast that doesn´t fit in DTT´s UHF spectrum (using DVB).

I think the NBNCo means multicast as in transmit your tv
program over the fibre/wireless/satellite as opposed to
selecting and watching the bits you want, when you want
from anywhere in the world.

Is IPTV video on demand or broadcasting over an IP channel?

No there certainly isn't that much for 4 million people in our
biggest city.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz