[LINK] Congestion (was Re: NBN to cost 24 times South Korea's faster network, says research body)

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Feb 11 16:47:02 AEDT 2011

On 11/02/2011 3:27 PM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> I think the NBNCo means multicast as in transmit your tv
> program over the fibre/wireless/satellite as opposed to
> selecting and watching the bits you want, when you want
> from anywhere in the world.
As far as I know, for broadcast substitution, they're not suggesting IP.

Bear in mind that DTV performs poorly in the regions. Where fibre is
available, it will be far more cost-effective than the subsidised
satellite we (taxpayers) will otherwise be paying for.

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill