[LINK] Internet Explorer 9

Rachel Polanskis grove at zeta.org.au
Sat Feb 12 12:45:04 AEDT 2011

--
rachel polanskis
<r.polanskis at uws.edu.au>
<grove at zeta.org.au>

On 12/02/2011, at 12:03 PM, Johann Kruse <whassaname at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 February 2011 10:57, Rachel Polanskis <grove at zeta.org.au> wrote:
>> On 12/02/2011, at 10:23 AM, Kim Holburn <kim at holburn.net> wrote:
>>
>> So to access rich resources, you cannot
>> even use OWA anymore unless you are on a PC.  Otherwise it will present you with
>> OWA "lite".   And, apparently, it is not even consistent then, because some Windows
>> users cannot access Rich OWA either, because of bugs in Exploiter.  To quote Vonnegut,
>> "so it goes"....
>

> Actually that is not quite correct... Exchange 2010 is the first
> version of OWA that is fully supported on non-Microsoft browsers.
> This is the full premium OWA, not OWA Lite.
>
> From http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/bb899685.aspx ....
>
> "  To use the complete set of features available in Outlook Web App
> and the Web management interface, you can use the following browsers
> on a computer running Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, or
> Windows 7:
> Internet Explorer 7 and later versions.
> Firefox 3.0.1 and later versions.
> Chrome 3.0.195.27 and later versions.
>
> On a computer running Max OS X, you can use:
> Safari 3.1 and later versions.
> Firefox 3.0.1 and later versions.
>
> On a computer running Linux, you can use:
> Firefox 3.0.1 and later versions.  "
>
> Disclaimer:  I work for Microsoft.

Please explain then, why using Firefox on Solaris connecting to OWA first displays the
rich content and then 1 second later refreshes with a blank window requesting I download
an activex extension.   ActiveX is not available for my platform so I get the crippled
functionality of "lite" even though it is obvious my browser can display the correct content.

rachel