[LINK] Points, lines & curves

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Tue Feb 15 22:14:41 AEDT 2011

On 13/02/2011, at 9:30 AM, David Boxall wrote:

> In the NBN debate, it seems to me that curve people are the ones who see
> the logic - and ultimate economy - in fibre.

In theory you can put ~100,000 times the viable wireless spectrum down fibre. We can't do that yet but it is a route of future technological advance we can be confident in. Sure wireless can work as long as not too many people rely on it and it gets saturated.

My take on all this argument and the solution is -

In the towns/cities -
We are laying it down your street  we will connect you now for free. If not connect now  you can pay whatever private suppliers charge later.  The market will decide.

If you have wire we will replace it with fibre if it fails l at non cost and shift you to fibre.

In the rural areas nothing much changes.

Tony
If your town is not too far to have a fibre link Then this is a problem.
Phone: 02 6241 7659, Mobile: 04 3365 2400, Skype: antonybbarry
Email: tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at me.com, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/antonybbarry
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au