[LINK] Maintaining the link list

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Sun Feb 20 16:54:34 AEDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 12:24 +1100, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> The only changes I'd like to see on Link are a little less:
> 1. of the blatant self promotion that occasionally goes on,
> 2. of the ad hominem attacks that occasionally break out.

I've been a Linker for many years, and am one of the foremost
consultants in my field[1]. I resent your implication that I would
engage in inappropriate self-promotion of my excellent (and affordable)
products and services.[1a]

That's exactly the sort of nonsense we've come to expect from you and
your coterie of panty-sniffing small-l liberal fellow travellers.[5] And
why do you want plaintext email? Verrrry suspicious.[6,7]

Regards, Karl Auer
(BA, GDAC, MACM, EMACS[2], LMPCUG[3], ARGG[4] etc)

[1]  See http://www.huhcorp.com/ for more exciting details
[1a] See http://www.duhcorp.com/ for even more!
[2]  Ex Member. Australian Computing Society
[3]  Life Member, PC Users Group (ACT)
[4]  All Round Good Guy
[5]  Your punctuation sucks, too
[6]  !!!
[7]  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (h)
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer/                   +61-428-957160 (mob)

Dynamic, thrusting consultancy! Amusing, erudite and apposite technical
documentation to thrill, nay, even tittilate your customers. Networking
advice that will make your packets 32% faster and 16% more interesting!
This email signature is Copyright 2011 K Auer. Don't read the above
email unless, by dint of reading the mind of the sender and engaging in
time travel, you have determined before reading it that it is actually
intended for you. This disclaimer is naught but sound and fury,
signifying nothing, though with luck its vaguely threatening terms and
possibly its inordinate length will fool the gullible into paying it
more attention than it deserves and anyway, my lawyers have advised me
that leaving it off may in some parallel universe conceivably result in
me being liable for something, a chance I am not willing to take,
preferring the 100% chance of me being liable for the lawyers' fees.

GPG fingerprint: DA41 51B1 1481 16E1 F7E2 B2E9 3007 14ED 5736 F687
Old fingerprint: B386 7819 B227 2961 8301 C5A9 2EBC 754B CD97 0156