[LINK] NBN and Thinking Outside the Box

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Thu Feb 24 09:10:04 AEDT 2011

Quote/ [Dave Grey
http://communicationnation.blogspot.com/2011/02/connected-company.html]
Although we tend to design companies like machines, we instinctively and
intuitively understand that companies are not made of cogs, levers and
gears. In the end, they are made out of people. For top management, it
would be wonderful if we could put our business strategy into the
machine, push a button and wait for the results. But it doesn't work
that way. You have to put your strategy into people if you want to get
results.
And today, thanks to social technologies, we finally have the tools to
manage companies like the complex organisms they are.

I guess Link would count as a Social Technology...

And...

Quote/
"I think historically where we [venture capitalists] fail is when we
back technology. Where we succeed is when we back new business models."
Bob Higgins, founder and managing general partner of Highland Capital
Partners (Harvard Business Review )

(Sorry misplaced the url...