[LINK] zoomable satellite map of Brisbane floods

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jan 20 11:45:29 AEDT 2011

At 11:19 AM 20/01/2011, Philip Argy wrote:
>This is the comparative the ABC prepared showing before and after NearMap
>shots: very impressive:
>http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/qld-floods/beforeafter2.htm

That one of HMAS Diamantina could have been a real problem if those
cables had broken. Also note how the gangway is bent.

Love the roaming cows.
Milton is amazing. At least their restaurant didn't float away like
the one we saw in the video footage.

Albion Park must be after the water receded. You can see the mud
going up the on ramp to the highway at the bottom of the picture.

Does anyone know if UQ sustained much damage on campus? I opened the
larger map and zoomed out. There seems to be some low areas that were
soaked/muddy.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com