[LINK] Looking for a real book in a library

Michael Skeggs mike@bystander.net mskeggs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:28:44 AEDT 2011

On 24 January 2011 12:13, Steven Clark <steven.clark at internode.on.net>wrote:

> or perhaps the staff at that library have grown so accustomed to doing
> everything via a keyboard that they have forgotten 'customer service'
> skills - that at least a few of them must have heard about from someone,
> once upon a time ... perhaps in a powerpoint presentation ... ?

Counter example - the week before Xmas a reserve came in, I got the email
notification.
A day or two later I got a phone call letting me know the book was ready and
that the library would be closed for a week at Xmas, and they didn't want me
to miss collecting my reserve.
But I use a local council library, and use it often enough to get acquainted
with the dozen or so staff librarians, it is no doubt different in big uni
libraries that are managed more like a business.

Regards,
Michael Skeggs