[LINK] RFI: Backtracking Links

rene rene.ln at libertus.net
Fri Jan 28 20:05:35 AEDT 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:55:50 +1100, Roger Clarke wrote:

> As per the note below, it's easy to get a list of URLs that contain
> links to a nominated web-page.
>
> But is anyone aware of a way to do either of the following things,
> using Google or any other search-engine?
>
> (1)  identify all links to all pathnames within a given domain-name
>
> The obvious way to express the request would be with a wild-card:
> link=<domain-name>/*
>
> (2)  identify all links to a specific URL, but excluding those
> that are from within the same domain-name

Suggest (if you haven't already done so) that you try playing around with
the range of "SEO tools" provided by the new search engine:
http://blekko.com

For example, Q2 above *appears* to be answered by entering this in a
browser address bar (without the quotes):

"http://blekko.com/ws/http://www.privacy.org.au/bba/ /links"

Alternatively, entering this (without quotes):
"http://blekko.com/ws/http://www.privacy.org.au/bba/ /urlseo?strict=1"

appears to provide more info/different display concerning inbound links,
together with a range of clickable things.

NB: I've no idea how accurate the data is (which would depend in part on
how much of the Web Blekko has or hasn't crawled yet, and/or where from/how
else it it gets its data e.g. I think also Bing), nor much about what else
might be apparently finadable/achievable using Blekko's SEO tools. Blekko's
site provides next to no help/info about using same, and I only became
aware of this site and its SEO tools about a week ago. If you do a search
for e.g. "Blekko SEO tools", you'll find various reviews/people talking
about what they've discovered can or can't be found/done. My fairly brief
playing around with it a few days ago tends to suggest its SEO tools
*could* be quite helpful/useful/interesting to some webmasters.

Irene