[LINK] RFI: Backtracking Links

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Jan 28 21:00:45 AEDT 2011

At 19:05 +1000 28/1/11, rene wrote:
>Suggest (if you haven't already done so) that you try playing around with
>the range of "SEO tools" provided by the new search engine:
>http://blekko.com

This gets really interesting.

The expectations would be that:
(a)  Google would have the bigger catchment;  and hence
(b)  Google would generate the larger link-count

For the APF home-page - sorry about the advert, but would you
*really* prefer I use one of my own domains  (:-)}

Google gives 118, which reduces to 53:
http://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=link:privacy.org.au&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=yI9CTcyWAoqwuAOqoZT-AQ

Blekko gives 820, which reduces to 642:
http://blekko.com/ws/http:%2F%2Fwww.privacy.org.au%2F+/links?ft=&p=14

Spasmodic sampling, biassed to the later entries on the list found no
spurious entries in either case (although I had to search the source
of the Google-discovered page that's entirely in Cyrillic).