[LINK] The Internet Filter - Time to Getup!?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jul 10 13:23:14 AEST 2011

At 01:17 PM 10/07/2011, Roger Clarke wrote:
>It has to be made clear that the problems are:
>-   it's a general-purpose censorship tool
>-   it's not subject to control by the public, but by faceless bureaucrats

Not even bureaucrats, but by big communication businesses. That this
has been so poorly implemented is a disgrace. I think it's a matter
for the ACCC if business practices have been changed and there has
been NO customer advice about this change. This is as bad as the
Optus misleading advertising. So where is the ACCC in this one?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/