[LINK] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Fri Jul 22 21:33:17 AEST 2011

$quoted_author = "Roger Clarke" ;

> At 10:48 +0000 22/7/11, Sandeep Bhavsar wrote to link:
> >I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.
>
> Is it dumb to send to a list?    Or enterprising?

This was probably a "give me your email account details and I'll
automatically add everyone in your address book" feature being overly
inclusive.

> >Confirm that you know Sandeep Bhavsar
> >https://www.linkedin.com/e/tx5pa0-gqf10x8z-1p/isd/3620761880/nNCf7QfU/
>
> As distinct from 'confirm that you agree to be part of Sandeep's 'network'.

Most social network sites send emails with no direct link to the "ignore" or
"refuse" action. The worst ones provide no other link than the "confirm"
one.

cheers
Marty