[LINK] Govenment calls UN on piracy ruling

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sat Jun 11 09:23:15 AEST 2011

On 9/06/2011 3:23 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> [can I change my vote from last time?]
>
> Disconnecting pirates from the net OK: government
>    Asher Moses
> June 9, 2011
> http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/disconnecting-pirates-from-the-net-ok-government-20110609-1fua4.html
> The Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT), on behalf
> of the film studios, ...  said it believed the
> protection of intellectual property was a human right.
There should be substantial penalties for abusing the concept of Human
Rights, surely.

> "Freedom of speech or expression, despite being routinely proffered,
> has never been a defence for online infringers of copyright,
> terrorists or paedophiles."
Oh dear, where's Godwin when you need him? Why do journalists give such
wankers any space?

--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.
http://david.boxall.id.au            | So I cheered up and,